Misa De Gallo Diaries 2010 Day 3: Weary Heart

:


Day 3: Weary Heart



Third day. And its seems so faster with my very busy schedule. I have a lot of appointments lately from events, work and even reunions and parties. But of course I always look forward to attend the Misa de Gallo as my own personal retreat and encounter with God in preparation for Christmas day. After work I went to Divisoria to check on good buys and as always that traffic is indeed heavy in that area for both people and vehicles. Unfortunately after 2 hours roaming Divisoria, I did not bought anything but only had dinner at Mang Inasal. This tested my patience since I was disappointed with the service because of many things. The time was almost 8pm so I was worried that I may miss the mass. I thought that the nearby church of San Lorenzo in Ongpin would have its mass on 8 but when I got there there, it seems that they will start 30 minutes to an hour later. This is critical for me since I would go home more late and would also affect my other schedules. So my plan was top go to another church near the area. I was planning to go to Intramuros but it would take more time. So what I had in mind was Sta. Cruz or Quiapo. But since Sta Cruz would be near the Jeep route so I went ahead with it.

This would be my first anticipated mass since I would like to avoid what happened on the 2nd day. There was a different feeling on this church because unlike the previous ones, the church has a lot of indigent parishioners which others are beggars, vendors and others. It made an impact on me that despite the happiness that the season brings, there are still a lot of people who are in this condition. I wish I could help, and what I would like is a thing that would be long-term and take them off the streets and live decent lives.

Just like me, the Gospel talks about Joseph as he is also weary about the pregnancy of Mary. He is also stuck into a situation that he himself can't find a way to explain and would also jeopardize the birth of Jesus. But God sent out his heralds to ensure Joseph that the one conceived is the Messiah. The birth of Jesus was filled with weariness at first but God finds a way to console their feelings. You too may have a weary heart this Christmas, ask God that he will give you peace.

Let me share a Taizé cant that you can sing to console the weary heart

Nada te turbe
Nada te espante
Qien a Dios tiene , nada e falta  

Nada te turbe
Nada te espante
Solo Dios Basta


nothing can trouble,
nothing can frighten, 
those who seek God shall never go wanting
nothing can trouble,
nothing can frighten, 
God alone fills us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Win a shopping spree worth up to P100,000 from PLDT Home

Summer is the perfect time to upgrade your home, shop for school or work essentials, or simply stock up your pantry. This summer, PLDT Home ...