Misa De Gallo Diaries 2012 - DAY 4 - IMPERFECTIONS


First Reading: Judges 13:2-7, 24-25
Psalm: Psalm 71:3-6, 16-17
Gospel: Luke 1:5-25

The fourth day of Misa De Gallo was simple yet a unique one as I went back in attending morning masses at 4AM meaning that I have not slept again doing blog posts and checking on emails before heading out for the Simbang Gabi and I chose to go to the nearest church in my area which is San Felipe Neri Parish. I Have to admit that I am not a usual parishioner here because of the schedules that would bring me to farther places where I would usually attend mass. Though the parish has very interesting history which dates back to the Spanish era. If you would remember that on the second day, we did not make it to the 4AM mass and transferred to another one, this time I made sure that I would attend it and also do a little exercise.


The route to the church from home takes about less than 2 kilometers and I decided to do a little run that will at least give me a workout on route to church. And since its not that far, I won't be sweating a lot when I arrive at San Felipe Neri. 

The readings of this day was about old couple conceiving a child with the help of God. One was Samson and in the Gospel it was John the Baptist. With the parents are favored by God because of the obedience and diligence, they lived lives following the laws and customs, though the only thing missing in their lives was a child. And even at their old age, they were given a chance to actually have a son.

The priest's homily said that amidst the almost perfect lives that they still have something missing. Same goes with personalities and celebrities which seem to have everything but still have something missing in their lives. This may lead to despair to many but the message of today's Gospel was to trust in God's plan and never lose hope, it would come at the perfect time, in the midst of all the imperfections.

Today was a great experience for me to do exercise and attend Simbang Gabi which made me feel good for the body and soul. I however felt uneasiness during the mass with some of the church goers not paying attention to the mass and some are not showing respect to the venue with wearing their caps on. Sad that the solemnity of the Novena masses may not be significant to them but hopefully they will soon realize that it is not just a place to hang out with your barkada, rather its a spiritual experience for all which we are to prepare ourselves fof the coming of Jesus on Christmas day. Imperfect as we are, we are called to be complete with God's perfection.



No comments:

Post a Comment

China’s Top Grossing Female Director Jia Ling’s Hit Comedy Drama “YOLO” Makes Over $1.5 Million in the U.S./Canada. Opens April 17 in Philippines

Distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing International, the film reached $1 million in six days of release in the U.S./Canada China’s top gros...