Misa De Gallo Diaries 2012 - DAY 5 - EMMANUEL

First Reading: Isaiah 7:10-14
Psalm: Psalm 24:1-6
Gospel: Luke 1:26-38

I'm now midway on the Misa De Gallo experience and still on a roll and now after an event in Cubao, I was planning to do the Simbang Gabi near the area, however the schedules I got starts at 630PM in which the event ended at 7PM. So I was thinking of churches where I would go to that would have an anticipated mass at 8 or 9 PM. With still minutes passed and thinking of considering a number of churches I took the MRT going southbound and still have not yet decided. On board the train, the church I will go to depends on the station I will get off. And I got off at Ayala Station which means I plan to go to the Greenbelt Chapel but not yet sure if the mass will start at 8 or 9.


But arriving at the chapel I was in the nick of time as the mass starts at 8PM. This would be my first Makati church in the novena masses and probably the most elegant since it is situated at Greenbelt which I join a lot of working and busy people of Makati. And indeed, the crowd here is different. 

The readings for this day was  about the prophecy of the coming to the Mesiah, called Emmanuel. The Gospel is the annunciation to Mary by the angel Gabriel. This one is one of my favorite readings as the old and the new testament as former tells the prophecy and the latter is the actual event itself. It comfirms that God does fulfill his promises and is with us always.

As Emmanuel, which is origin name of many personalities like Manny (Manny Pacquiao, Manny Pangilinan), Manuel (Manuel Quezon) to name a few. It signifies that God is always is with them, and of course with his people. And its only 5  days left until his birth!

At the end of the mass, there was also a small presentation of seminarians that came from Naga City, which I though would sing the usual Christmas tunes. But halfway along their song, they managed to incorporate popular pop songs like Gangnam Style, Don't Stop Believing, and Just the Way You Are tunes which they tweaked a little to still keep it on the right Christmas spirit. Yes, you heard it right "Gangnam Style" (strikes a pose).

No comments:

Post a Comment

China’s Top Grossing Female Director Jia Ling’s Hit Comedy Drama “YOLO” Makes Over $1.5 Million in the U.S./Canada. Opens April 17 in Philippines

Distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing International, the film reached $1 million in six days of release in the U.S./Canada China’s top gros...