Misa De Gallo Diaries 2012 - DAY 6 - LAUGH


First Reading:Song of Solomon 2:8-14 or Zephaniah  3:14-18
Psalm: Psalm 33:2-3, 11-12, 20-21
Gospel: Luke 1:39-45


Again the busy schedules still continues which is one of the things that I fear would be the biggest hindrances to the simbang gabi journey, but I guess that if there is a will there is a way, and also some help from above.

Just like Day 5 I was planning to have the next anticipated simbang gabi at the place where I would go. And since I went to an event up at SM North EDSA, I though I would be hearing mass at the nearest churches there. But since it was too early when the event ended, I don't want to spend too much time waiting or might get carried away doing blogs and updates at the customer lounge. So I decided to go to the similar supermall which is much nearer to home. So I took the MRT and got off at Ortigas and yes, it was Megamall.

I learned that the Simbang Gabi masses there is at 8PM which is Ok for me since that gives me ample time to do some blog posts and also near the Global Pinoy Center. Well my patience was tested there when I encountered the "gang" of parents and their children who regularly are present there. The problem is, the children are sometimes unruly, noisy and distracting. I have nothing against them, but it affects to quiet and resting lounge users. But I realized that I don't need to stress myself much and focus on the mass later.


The mass experience at the Chapel of the Eucharistic Lord never fails to amaze me. With the homily of the Chaplain, connecting funny stories with the lesson of the gospel made me realize things. One of which is if we pray at night but not when we wake up, and since the "end of the world," December 21 is just hours away, many are indeed uneasy about the possible extinction of all life. But the gospel again reminds us of the Emmanuel, God with us. 

I realized after the mass, that I do need a good laugh. To feel happy and don't feel the weight of the problematic world. To laugh to realize more lessons in life after. To laugh to chase the fears away. And to laugh because we are human.

Another reason to laugh and be happy is when the "Gangnam Seminarians" I encountered at Greenbelt Chapel also made a performance at the chapel. And today, I had the chance to record their cool performance live. So I leave you here the memorable video of the seminarians of the Holy Rosary Seminary of Naga City!

No comments:

Post a Comment

China’s Top Grossing Female Director Jia Ling’s Hit Comedy Drama “YOLO” Makes Over $1.5 Million in the U.S./Canada. Opens April 17 in Philippines

Distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing International, the film reached $1 million in six days of release in the U.S./Canada China’s top gros...