The Easter Promise


Lord Let Me Die
Die from my evil ways
Die from the wages of sin
Die from the wicked ways
So I may carry my cross

The cross that you have bore
the cross that pinned you down
the cross that was not meant to be yours
the cross I was afraid to bear
the cross that brought your mortal body to its end



As I try to recall
As the season of Lent comes
As another of Holy Week falls
As another Easter comes at dawn

What have I become?
Did I do what is right?
Did I do what is good?
Have I died and return to dust?

The dawn of Easter morn has come again
But will the same selfish me be back to reign?
What is the point that I am reminded of your sacrifice
Yet I am the same damned man without no dignity

Lord let me die like a seed
upon the soil which I came from
So I may be born to new life 
So I can grow and bear fruits

Dying may be a sad reality
A song of despair and anxiety
But through your Easter promise
Dying is our way to be whole again 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Win a shopping spree worth up to P100,000 from PLDT Home

Summer is the perfect time to upgrade your home, shop for school or work essentials, or simply stock up your pantry. This summer, PLDT Home ...